This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves a warm and hearty bowl of soup on a cold day. It's also a great way to use up any extra vegetables you might have on hand. Read on to learn how to make this delicious soup.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by gathering all of your ingredients.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and butternut squash. Cook until the vegetables are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour enough chicken stock into the pot to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Simmer until all the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and process until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and mix in any remaining chicken stock to reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy! This soup is sure to be an instant hit at your house.
So there you have it, a simple and delicious recipe for butternut squash soup. It's a great way to use up any extra vegetables you might have on hand, and it's sure to warm you up on a cold day. Give it a try and let us know what you think!