Healthy and Delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and ground black pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced chicken, onion, and bell peppers. Drizzle the vegetable oil over the mixture and toss until the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the prepared seasoning mix over the chicken and vegetables, stirring to ensure even coverage.
- Spread the seasoned chicken and vegetables in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Optional: For added char and flavor, broil the fajitas for an additional 2-3 minutes, watching closely to avoid burning.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and let the fajitas rest for a few minutes before serving with your favorite fajita accompaniments, such as tortillas, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and shredded cheese.
Enjoy your delicious and simple sheet pan chicken fajitas!