Peppermint bark is a delicious holiday treat that you can make in no time. Here's what you'll need:
- 12 ounces of white chocolate divided into two parts
- 6 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vegetable or coconut oil divided into three parts
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 2-3 regular-sized candy canes (crushed)
- parchment paper or aluminum foil.
To make the peppermint bark, start by lining an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Melt 6 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler and stir in 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared baking pan and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
Next, melt 6 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, stir in 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract, and pour it over the white chocolate layer. Refrigerate for another 10-15 minutes.
Finally, melt the remaining 6 ounces of white chocolate, pour it over the semi-sweet chocolate layer, and sprinkle it with crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until completely set (about 1 hour) and then break or cut the bark into pieces. Store the leftover bark in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Enjoy this easy and delicious peppermint bark recipe with your family and friends during the holidays!